3/13/2009

Spring in Seattle & Board Games@Your Library Kelley Griffith 3/13/2009

It's not technically spring but the temps have been bouncing from one extreme to the other this week and I've decided to observe spring in my tiny corner of the world. Kata, Eddie and Elizabeth are off to Seattle attending the Association of Research Libraries Conference. I'm here at home minding the books and with way too much free time on my hands. The very idea of "too much time on my hands" generally creates a state of consternation within the library staff. I tend to develop some of my better grandiose plans when no one is around to administer a reality check. Sr. Joel and I have been watching over the HML for the last three days and I have had an inordinate time to plan. National Library Week is a month away and this may be the best celebration yet. Everybody loves a petting zoo, right?
Anyway, our greatest achievement this week has been cataloging and making board games, courtesy of the MC Gaming Club, available for circulation. In all modesty my contribution was simply pointing to the shelves where the items should be placed. Sr. Joel was responsible for all other aspect of processing these items. The collection includes, Twister, Apples to Apples, Chinese checkers, chess, Clue, Risk, Pictureka, and many more. To view a title list search the Reserve Collection Catalog, type in "student council" in the text box and search by Professor. Board games will circulate for one week and will be treated like any other library material. Lost items will be subject to replacement fees, replacement cost + 5.00 processing fee.

No comments: