11/09/2007

New Face


Hello all you HML stopper-byers. I’m Edward Mandity, a new addition to Marian College, more particularly its library staff. I’m excited to be here, and rather than going straight to the details of what I’ll be doing, I’ll just say that I have the daunting task of filling in for the departed Chadwick Seagraves; roughly though, I’ll be working on the library’s OPAC, digital projects, and whatever else is thrown my way. Suffice it to say, I’ll be around and at your service.

A little bit about myself…after recently receiving my librarian degree (yes, there is a degree) while working at IUPUI’s University Library, I now have the ability to concentrate on my passions in life in addition to being a good librarian: reading Christopher Moore novels, snorkeling, kayaking, watching movies, learning languages, playing video games and traveling. So if you see me running frantically around the stacks babbling incoherently, don’t be afraid to say hello or ask any questions, library related or otherwise. Oh, I’ve been getting a lot of questions as to my name preference. Just to make it easy, call me what you will…Edward, Ed or Eddy. Chances are I’ll stop babbling.

No comments: